Wedding Ceilidh Band
The Ceilidh Experience is a professional wedding ceilidh band based in Edinburgh. We perform at wedding receptions throughout the UK and Ireland.
Your Wedding Reception
- Professional musicians who love what they do
- A caller to help with the ceilidh dancing
- Dedicated DJ with access to online music planner
- Seamless transitions between the Band & DJ
- Afternoon setup of sound and lighting if suitable
- Additional services such as a speech microphone can be provided
- The SAME musicians every time!
- An ultimate experience of wedding entertainment
- 100% customer satisfaction
- Opportunity to see the band LIVE before booking
The Ceilidh Experience is a high energy alternative to a traditional ceilidh band or function band for weddings. Taking the best of both into a fusion of ceilidh rock and traditional Scottish dancing. Professionally arranged music and a thoroughly rehearsed show.
How does the Ceilidh and DJ combination work?
Here is a guide to how we combine the Ceilidh/DJ for a wedding reception:
We can alter timings to suit the crowd on the night. However, this is the general template we find to work best and tend to stick with most of the time:
- The first dance/dances are normally by the Wedding DJ. If you would like the band to do your first dance, please get in touch to discuss it.
- The ceilidh band will play until the break/buffet (which is usually between 60 & 90 minutes)
- DJ will take over to play background music during the break/buffet. He will increase the tempo, and volume, during the buffet until he reaches full party mode.
- The band will come back on for a final 45 minutes of a rocked up ceilidh dancing finale.
- The final dance will be with all of the guests on the floor for The Orcadian Strip The Willow & Auld Lang Syne.
- Alternatively, our DJ can play Loch Lomond between The Orcadian Strip The Willow & Auld Lang Syne.
- Our DJ & musicians will all stay until the end of the evening. If you want more ceilidh/less DJ or more DJ/less ceilidh, just come up and let us know.
- Please make sure that we are given enough notice to plan out our schedule. We plan everything so we can bring your evening to a good finale at the correct time.
Other Wedding Day Entertainment
In addition to the ceilidh band, we can provide other entertainment for your wedding day. As an ideal solution for your ceremony music, we have our accordion and fiddle duo, classical string quartet, or highland piper. Our Ultimate package includes our professional DJ, sound engineer, and full lighting show.
We will work with you to coordinate and individualise a full entertainment package so that you can relax and enjoy the company of your guests. We are happy to travel any distance, however, this may result in additional charges. Please ask for details.
Once you confirm your booking, you will be provided with log-in details to your own planning site. This is where you will be able to arrange and plan music in advance of your wedding.
Norman will also be available to meet you before your big day for a coffee and a quick chat through everything. This is very helpful and beneficial to everyone. Having a personal connection with the suppliers at your wedding definitely creates a much more relaxed atmosphere!