Weddings with The Ceilidh Experience Ultimate Packages
- Professional musicians who love what they do
- Dedicated DJ with access to online music planner
- Seamless fades between Band & DJ
- Afternoon setup of sound and lighting
- Additional services such as a speech microphone can be provided
- The SAME musicians every time!
- 100% customer satisfaction
- Opportunity to see the band LIVE before booking
The Ceilidh Experience is a high energy alternative to a traditional ceilidh band or function band for weddings. Taking the best of both into a fusion of ceilidh rock and traditional Scottish dancing. Professionally arranged music and a thoroughly rehearsed show.
How does the Ceilidh and DJ combination work?
Here is an idea of the way we combine the Ceilidh/DJ for weddings:
We can alter timings to suit the crowd on the night. However, this is the general template we find to work best and tend to stick with most of the time:
• First dance/dances are normally by the DJ. If you would like the band to do your first dance, please choose one from our dance list.
• The ceilidh band will play until the break/buffet (which is usually between 60 & 90 minutes)
• DJ will play background music during the break/buffet. He will increase the tempo, and volume, during the buffet until he reaches full party mode.
• The band will come back on for a final 45 minutes of rocked up ceilidh finale.
• The final dance will be with all of the guests on the floor for The Orcadian Strip The Willow & Auld Lang Syne.
• Alternatively, our DJ can play Loch Lomond between The Orcadian Strip The Willow & Auld Lang Sine.
• Our DJ & musicians will all stay until the end of the evening. If you want more ceilidh/less DJ or more DJ/less ceilidh, just come up and let us know. Please make sure that we are given enough notice to plan out our schedule. We plan everything so we can bring your evening to a good finale at the correct time.
In addition to the ceilidh band, we can provide other entertainment for weddings. As an ideal solution for your ceremony music, we can provide our accordion and fiddle duo, classical string quartet or highland piper. Our Ultimate package includes our professional DJ, sound engineer and full lighting show.
We will work with you to co-ordinate and individualise a full entertainment package so that on the night you can relax and enjoy the company of your guests. We are happy to travel any distance, however this may result in additional charges. Please ask for details.
Once you confirm your booking, you will be provided with log-in details to your own planning site. This is where our clients are able to arrange and plan music in advance of their weddings.
Norman will also try wherever possible to meet every couple before the date for a coffee or just a quick chat through everything. We find this to be very helpful and beneficial to everyone. Having a personal connection with the suppliers at your own wedding definitely creates a much more relaxed atmosphere on the day!