Wedding Ceilidh Band
Wedding Ceilidh Band in Edinburgh
We are a professional wedding ceilidh band based in Edinburgh. We have performed at many hundreds of wedding receptions all over Scotland, England, Ireland and throughout Europe.
The Ceilidh Experience is a high energy alternative to a traditional ceilidh band or function band for weddings. Taking the best of both into a fusion of ceilidh rock and traditional Scottish dancing. Professionally arranged music and a thoroughly rehearsed show.
Your Wedding Ceilidh
- Professional musicians who love what they do
- A caller to help with the dance moves
- Seamless transitions between the Band & DJ
- Additional services such as a speech microphone & early setup of sound / lighting can be provided
- 100% customer satisfaction
- Opportunity to see the band LIVE before booking
How does the Ceilidh and DJ combination work?
Although we can alter timings to suit the crowd on the night this is the general template we find to work best and tend to stick with most of the time:
- First dance/dances: DJ
- The ceilidh band will play until the break/buffet (which is usually between 60 & 80 minutes)
- DJ will play background music during the break/buffet
- DJ set / Disco
- In the final 45 minutes the band will come back on for a high energy ceilidh finale which will end with all of the guests on the floor for The Orcadian Strip The Willow
- DJ – Loch Lomond
- Band – play a rocked up version of Auld Lang Sine
Our DJ & musicians will all stay until the end of the evening. If you want more ceilidh/less DJ or more DJ/less ceilidh, just come up and let us know, but please make sure that we are given enough notice to plan out our schedule so that we are able to bring everything to a good finale at the correct time.
Once you confirm your booking, you will be provided with log-in details to your own planning site. This is where you will be able to arrange and plan DJ requests in advance of your wedding.
Norman will also be available to meet you before your big day for a coffee and a quick chat through everything. This is very helpful and beneficial to everyone. Having a personal connection with the suppliers at your wedding definitely creates a much more relaxed atmosphere!